Detect and fix SEO issues proactively
Search engines are constantly crawling your site, and you need an SEO platform that can do the same. That's where 24/7 ContentKing Monitoring™ comes in.
Teams using ContentKing were 3x more likely to say it's becoming much easier to detect incidents than non-ContentKing users.
What creators should know about Google's helpful content update
Some advice from Google on the helpful content update this week. "Avoid creating content for search engines first"..."Focus on people-first content". 🔎
E-Commerce 404 Pages: How To Make Them Smarter In SEO
This is quite technical, but is an awesome idea from Andrea Volpini. How to build a multimodal search engine for product recommendations across custom 404 pages. 🔥
5 examples of product-led SEO
5 brilliant examples of product-led SEO by Kevin Indig. 🙌
Are GenZ really replacing Google with TikTok? New data
You've probably heard that TikTok is taking over Google for search, right? (This was according to quote picked up by TechCrunch).
A new study by Matt Bennett has a different outcome! 👀
Processes & Frameworks
Google's Helpful Content Update: Predictions & Hypotheses
I love the way Wil Reynolds breaks down Google's broad advice on the the helpful content update and what it might mean for certain queries and websites. Awesome! 🔥
Intro to SEO Testing: How to Start Running SEO Experiments
A great intro into SEO testing by Logan Bryant (who is launching a course on SEO testing, so you should watch out for that!).
Screaming Frog SEO Spider Update – Version 17.0
What a fantastic update by Screaming Frog 🐸
- A new issues tab which includes the issue type, priority and how many URLs it affects.
- A new links tab to better highlight link issues such as pages with a high crawl-depth.
- Select multiple Search Console properties per crawl so you can get around the 2k inspection API query limit.
There's a lot more too! 🙌
My Products 💡
Forecasting For SEO (Video Course)
Join over 350+ SEOs who have used my course 📊 Everything I’ve learned, tried and tested about SEO forecasting. Including a FREE Google Sheets template to help you build your own forecasts.
Keywords in Sheets (BETA): Power your SEO in Google Sheets
Do keyword research, competitor research and more, all inside Google Sheets.
It includes 5 PRO functions 👇
- Search Volume - Get search volume for 1000s of keywords across any location, in seconds.
- Related Keywords - Get 1,000s of related keywords for a seed keyword.
- Competitor Keywords - Get all of the keywords competitors are ranking for.
- Search Results - Get search results across multiple countries and languages.
- Questions - Get 1,000s of question keywords for a seed keyword. And 6 FREE functions: Status Code Checker, Redirect Checker, Local Keywords, Link Checker & XML Sitemap.
Hi there 👋,
You may have heard (or this may be news to you...), that Google is rolling out a new update this week, the "helpful content update". I've highlighted Glenn Gabe's teardown of the update as my Post of the Week as it's one of the clearest I've read.
Here's a brief summary of what we know so far:
Best of luck to you all!
Until next week!
P.s did you see I launched a free SEO scraper for Google Sheets last week? You can get the template here.Andrew Charlton